Eucharistic Reflection – He Is Here!



You can feel Him…O yes, here you can feel God…you can inhale and breathe Him, filling this humble cenacle of the earth, impregnating the atmosphere with celestial perfume. This tabernacle bears the fragrance of Jesus; one enters here as if entering Jesus' innermost being; with that same respect... that same confidence... that same love. The light, the warmth, the fire of the Eucharistic Jesus fills everything, and thus, in this beloved enclosure, the thorns are roses... sacrifice is not felt... pain and martyrdom are sweet because they are suffered for His sake and in His intimacy.


(Photo©Michael Seagriff)

If the altar is poor, Jesus is its richness... its most delicate embellishment. Without being fully aware of it, one enters into profound concentration and prayer because one leaves earthly things at the door, and the soul is engulfed in the possession of its Beloved.



Here - all alone, He and I - He, with all His greatness, and I with all my miseries - He, all fire; and I, burning in the midst of His divine Passion! ... My darkness is lost in the midst of His light..., and my icy heart melts inside of His. Here my sins are forgiven and my sorrows - 0! My sorrows are united to His own, giving them value.... How many treasures are enclosed in this holy place, consecrated through the presence of Jesus –in the Blessed Sacrament! Heaven is here because He is here!



(From Holy Hours by Concepcion Cabrera de Armida)


September 8, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024